Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










070829

REST!
On 070821 (Tuesday August 21, 2007), I posted the link below to a Newsweek article -Health: Can Exercise Make You Smarter? The takeaway from the article is (research leads us to believe) exercise makes you smarter. If you have time, click the link and give it a read.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17662246/site/newsweek/

Yesterday I received the You Tube link found below. Based on the video, I do not believe she has exercised recently.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

For a little background, Miss South Carolina was given third runner-up (fourth-place) over Miss West Virginia. Only the top 5 contestants take part in the televised interview process. The question posed to Miss South Carolina was: "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Answer from Laura Caitlin Upton: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."

On August 28, Upton appeared on the Today Show, she was given the opportunity to formulate a new response to the same question. Upton's new reply was: "Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on a map. I don’t know anyone else who doesn’t. If the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better."

As a side note, she said that she was "in shock" during the competition and barely heard the question that had been asked.

No comments: