Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










070907

Today’s MetCon workout is the creation of the fine folks of CrossFit (http://www.crossfit.com/). It is lovingly named The Filthy Fifty!

My first attempt at this beast was last year at CrossFit on the Prairie. Ahh, good times. On that day a year ago, we ran 100M (quickly became slow jogs) between each set of exercises - I did not finish.

After 45+ minutes of torture, I realized I was not as well conditioned as I had believed all these years- it is sad to have an awakening on a high school track in the middle of Illinois, but alas I did! I did not complete the last 2 exercises. The first time I did finish the 50, it took me an hour plus. The last 2 exercises alone took me nearly 15 minutes to finish!

Ok, enough for memory lane. Learn from my mistakes. If this is your first attempt at this beast, SCALE your efforts. For some 10-15 reps per exercise is a great start.

Although I want you to scale, I also want you to finish. There’s nothing like completing a task that you felt was impossible. If you pick 10, 25, 30 or 50 of each…FINISH. You will be better for the effort. Trust me!

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell/Dumbbell swings, 1 pood (1 pood = 35 lbs)
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders (while jumping rope, the rope passes under twice before your feet touch the ground)

Mid Burpee -

2 comments:

JB said...

33:42

pretty disappointed in my time. sub 25 minutes is a realistic goal.

Anonymous said...

dude, your lawn looks nice