Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Monday 080310

Rest!

I had a bad weekend and it all started Friday night.

I was sick a few weeks ago, so I am a few days behind on the posted workouts. Last Friday I decided that I would make up the 225 Lbs Squat 500M row workout. It is posted as 21 reps of 225 BS, 500M row, 15 reps, 500M row, 9 reps and one last row.

One would think that I would know the workout as I posted the darn thing. Well, I am not that bright. Before I started the workout I remembered KF's time was 15:and change. I wanted a target and an idea of how it would be paced.

I did some warm-up sets and loaded the bar to 275 lbs. I try to sub up when we have set (e.g. in this case 225 lbs for the squats) weights. I am 100 lbs more than some of the TitanFit crew, so to keep think honest that's what I do...

Now the bar is loaded at 275. for some reason, as I descended with the first rep, I remembered the rep scheme as 30, 20, 10 vs. the actual 21, 15, 9. While 15 additional reps really does not seem like a lot while I sit here and type, it seemed like a lot when I was squatting.

I was there when KF did his workout. I remembered that he did not break the first set...I wish I would have remembered it was a set of 21, but I digress. During my first set, I got to 16 reps before I re-racked the weight. You would not believe the things that ran through my head as I struggled with this workout. My finishing time was 25: and change vs. KF's 15: and change.

How in the world did he beat me by a full 10:00? So that was day 1 of my terrible weekend. I'll share days 2 and 3 later. Yes it was 2 more awful workouts!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Diane (225 lb DL/HSPU with feet on bar) - 6:50 (new PR)