Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Monday 080324

Workout
For time:
"Murph"
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

It has been reported that this workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". CrossFit re-named it "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run.

If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it. For those that are new to CrossFit, scale the workout (e.g. run 800M and or 25% - 50% or the required reps).

Compare to:
TITANFIT: Wednesday 071024

1 comment:

TitanFit said...

about 60 minutes...DNF

i completed 1 mile run, 15 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 squats.

You know how you talk to yourself during a workout? I told myself this is a mile run, 20 rounds of Cindy (ha, ha) and a mile run. I also gave myself a 1 hour time limit just to keep myself moving. I envisioned the last run would take 15 minutes, so I’d start that run at the 45 minute mark if I had not already started the run.

Needless to say I DNF’d. I got through the first run and 15 rounds of “cindy” at the 45 minute mark. So I JOGGED the last mile un-timed. Well at least I have something to shoot for now!