Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Monday 090323

Workout
"Lynne"
5x max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

Compare to:
TITANFIT: Thursday 090108

For Lynne as rx'd, each "round" is 5 minutes long.

Start your BP on the minute, complete as many as possible without racking the weight. Once you have completed the BP, start your Pull-ups. Complete as many Pull-ups as possible (your set is complete once you release the bar). Now rest for what remains of the original 5 minutes (e.g. if it takes you 2 minutes to BP and do the Pull-ups, rest 3 minutes). Repeat 4 more time. Got it? (As an aside...do the exercise that you are weakest in first. E.g. for me, that of course means I do pull-ups before bench pressing)

Post reps for both exercises in all rounds

8 comments:

JB said...

Lynne
w/BW bench press (175#)

4/37
3/21
2/17
1/20
2/13

or something like that. I know my total reps were 118. First time I've ever done this WOD as RX'd.

Welcome to our newest member, Lori!

TitanFit said...

100 reps - BP @ 250 lbs, did PU first. this weight loss allows me to do more PU and fewer BPs. this is going to take some time to get use to!
PU/BP
11/11
11/11
11/7
12/7
12/7
57/43

JB said...

Is that PR for you Sampson? Look @ the big man owning the pull-ups!

Also, props to Kara last night for becoming the 3rd member of "chicks who got pull-up" club @ titanfit. (name of club still a work in progress).

Lauren Higgins said...

Thanks to everyone who made my friend Lori feel so welcome and comfortable-she loved it and did a great job so yay for her!

Rick R. said...

Pullups seem to be the theme for the day. There is always something special about getting your first one - great job Kara (remember most humans can't even do one)! Herb is still getting better in his old age. JB, 37 is a stellar number to do, especially as part of a bigger workout - well done!

This CrossFit stuff really does work, doesn't it?!

RR

Anonymous said...

Did Annie today as RX'd by JB
7:40 min

JB said...

I've got to echo what Rick said about crossfit really working. I just look at some of the folks we have who come in regularly, suit up and tackle a tough workout. With that said, the answer to that question is a resounding YES.

When I started CF, I could maybe eek out 3 or 4 pull-ups. And now I'm doing 100+ in a workout. And I'm by no means a CF stud, just an average guy with a full time job who shows up, puts out as much effort as I can, and the results come.

And good job to Sharon for absolutely destroying Annie yesterday! Next time we're subbing 3 single unders for a double under!

Anonymous said...

CHS-
Lynne
rnd1 2 3 4 5
PU's 5deadHn 3dh 3dh 10kneg 10kn
6kick 7k 7k
BP 70# 10 10 10 10 10

total 101