Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Thursday 090108

Workout
"Lynne"
5x max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

For Lynne as rx'd, each "round" is 5 minutes long.

Start your BP on the minute, complete as many as possible without racking the weight. Once you have completed the BP, start your Pull-ups. Complete as many Pull-ups as possible (your set is complete once you release the bar). Now rest for what remains of the original 5 minutes (e.g. if it takes you 2 minutes to BP and do the Pull-ups, rest 3 minutes). Repeat 4 more time. Got it? (As an aside...do the exercise that you are weakest in first. E.g. for me, that of course means I do pull-ups before bench pressing)

Post reps for both exercises in all rounds

Compare to:
TITANFIT: Monday 081103

5 comments:

Chris said...

Okay, who's going to do the CFHQ WOD as Rx'd?

10 Rounds for time:

3 45 lb Pull-ups
5 Strict Pull-ups
7 Kipping Pull-ups

My forearms would be done after one round.

Chris said...

PS - I was doing my MetCon at the local fitness center, when I was approached by a young lady who asked if I did CF. I told her about TitanFit and invited her to a Saturday WOD.

Kelly, if you read this, come join the fun and drink the Kool-Aid!

Kurt T. Fuller said...

Chris -

I think Dr. Rick is about the only one who could get through this in an hour!

So Dr. Rick, try it out and post your time!

KF

Rick R. said...

While I appreciate the compliment, I really doubt I could complete this as RX:. However I am willing to try to see just what I actually could do the next time I am at TF - probably this Sunday.

Tonight I took the Bench Press from Lynne and made up a new workout:

AMRAP in 20 minutes
One leg squats x 4
KS 55# x 6
BW Bench Press (#170) x 8
Abmat sit-ups x 10

Completed 8 rounds.

Trying to remain true to Herb's push for perfect form in 2009 I tried hard, including redoing several reps of the squats that were not as clean as they should have been. Seemed much more of a strength than metcon workout.

RR

Anonymous said...

Ok, somebody's gonna have to show me the One Leg Squat, I gotta see that one!
You guys are too much...