Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










RANT!

RANT!

Ok, we are all at fault! I know I have "dumped" my fair share of Thrusters from over head.

With that said we MUST change our behavior. For member safety, your safety and so TitanFit is not buying new equipment daily, let’s take better care of the equipment we have.

As examples, no one needs to:
Drop a High Pull from chin high
Drop a Kettlebell from over head
Release the handle on the rowing machine versus placing it back in the cradle

YES, I understand there are times to dump the weights (e.g. failed personal record attempts). In fact I encourage you to do so, for your own safety, during Olympic lifting. It is not necessary, however, to dump a 45 lbs or 65 lbs Thruster from over head. When possible, which is most of the time by the way, lower the weight to hip level before you release. Doing so will prevent the loaded bar/Kettelbell/Dumbell from injuring you, the member working next to you and will allow us all to continue to utilize/enjoy the equipment we all use to get better.

We continually describe TitanFit and its members as family. As such treat the equipment as if it were your own. It is after all.

4 comments:

Kurt T. Fuller said...

I concur Herb.

I too, am guilty of dropping weight at unnecessary and inappropriate times. In particular, thrusters...regardless of the weight.

And deadlifts? Lowering to the ground is the other "half" of the lift, so we shouldn't be dropping these!

As far as high-pulls, KB swings, and rowing, I'm quitting those exercises so you'll never be able to accuse me of mistreatment on those!

KF

Josh Tuttle said...

I agree Kurt. I'm not doing high pulls anymore.

DJ said...

I read this Monday during the day, and I agree! but when I came in to do Elizabeth i still noticed myself dropping my cleans from the rack.
It might take some gentle reminding to get it into my head...
Anyone at TitanFit don't hesitate to "remind" me that I can't be dropping weights from 5'10".

Kurt T. Fuller said...

DJ -


I think you mean 11'-10".

I'm on the order of 4'-10".

But rest assured. Herb's DL's make more noise that our Clean's. Even if it's only 2'-0".

And if you figure out how his calves can support it, props to you.

KF