Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Tuesday 090113


Look what I found while shearing the archives....the TitanFit trainers doing HSPU. Let's see how they do today!
WOW, it has been a year (almost) to the day!

Workout
"Diane"
For Time - 21, 15, 9 reps of:
225 lbs Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

Those that, like me, are unable to do handstand push-ups can sub strict shoulder press. For that sub, pick a weight that is about 50% of your BWT. As for the 225 lbs DL, ideally use a weight that is 25% greater than your BWT.

Compare to:

7 comments:

DJ said...

I would be happy doing anything other than the HQ page... Elizabeth on steroids!

JB said...

Agreed, DJ.

I just checked my time from when I did Diane a year ago and it was just over 13:00 with 205# DL and probably really sh&%$y ROM on the HSPU. I'll do it RX'd today and head-to-abmat HSPU or they don't count.

Fuller/DJ, you guys down for this too?

Jay Simpkiss said...

This sucked! I tried 225# DL w/ 95# Press. After 10 DL had to scale down to 185#.

No time because I did not start stop watch.

I can't wait to try HSPU. Should be fun.

DJ said...

sorry Jerry,
I will be coaching the little rowers tonight... I think my schedual will end up being:

I am coaching Juniors on Monday but will come down to workout at TitanFit after that (be there by 6)

Rowing up there on Tue and Thursday both Jr's and Masters

So Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun I will be around TF normal times - with a day in there to rest from time to time :)

have fun good luck with those HSPU

Kurt T. Fuller said...

I've got a home repair to make, so I'm not sure if I'll make it tonite. But I'll give it a go the next time I'm in.

I too will do full ROM HSPU. The last time ROM was pretty good until the round of 9.

KF

JB said...

As RX'd - 9:10(PR)

all reps were legit and DLs were lowered to ground. HSPUs were head-to-abmat.

Anonymous said...

BBH
10:01
295 DL
Inverted (24 inch) push-ups. this was 3:00 faster than press. i think press is a better sub. will do 190 Press next time. let's hope it is not a year from now!