Check out our new site. www.titanfit.com

Looking for TitanFit? Go to our new site. www.titanfit.com










Saturday 090110

Workout

Work on your weakness!

For me, today is Cleans. My squatting, pressing and MetCons have improved. My Olympic lifting has not. As such they will become a focus over the next few weeks to months.

What is your weakness? Today's session will be tailored to help you improve. YES, you. We all know TitanFit's brand of CrossFit is small group personalized training. Today it IS personalized training.

The fine folks of NPR have published a podcast with Mark Rippetoe (URL below). He discusses New years resolution workouts and what he feels are the best ways to get fit. Give it a listen. it is good for all to hear especially those that a new to "real" fitness as he refutes some of the commonly-held fitness myths people hear and take as "gospel" [e.g. ellipticals and LSD (long slow distance) training are great ways to get fit].

Thanks JB for the link.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/wwrd/2009/01/what_would_rob_do_to_lose_10_p.html

3 comments:

Rick R. said...

At Kurt's suggestion, I tried the recent CrossFit HQ pull-up work-out:

Pull-ups
Weighted #45 x 3
Deadhang x 5
Kipping x 7
Complete 10 rounds

Time: 28:40

I completed the first 2 rounds without dropping from the bar. Thereafter I broke down into sets of 3/5/7. After the 3rd round I realized I was going to die if I didn't decrease the pull-up weight, so went down to a #20 dumbbell for the last 7 rounds. Hands feel pretty sore right now but no tears. I don't feel the need to do pull-ups for a few days after the 150 today!

RR

Kurt T. Fuller said...

Nice job Dr. Rick.

Honestly, I might be able to get 3 rounds. The dead hand pull-ups would be my breaking point. I simply can't do them.

FYI - Bathroom construction has started!

KF

Chris said...

Awesome, job Rick.